RAW Biomass is a limited company established in March 2015 to develop, construct and own a portfolio of biomass boilers installed in third party commercial buildings. The boilers generate a stable 20 year index linked income stream from the UK government Renewable Heating Incentive (RHI) scheme.
In the past three years RAW Biomass has successfully installed 2.9MW of biomass boilers in 5 locations with development partner RAW Energy.
The business model is set up under an Energy Saving Contract (ESCo) structure so that RAW Biomass arranges the following.
- buying of the boiler;
- paying for the installation of the boiler;
- overseeing the commissioning of the boiler;
- insuring the boiler;
- paying for and organising all maintenance and servicing of the boiler;
- providing a fuel delivery service if requested (though the Customer is responsible for the cost of the fuel);
- RAW Biomass retains ownership of the boiler for the 20-year term of the RHI scheme;
- RAW Biomass retains the right to receive all the payments due from the UK government under the RHI scheme.